Orijen Senior Dog Food
Here at ORIJEN, we are focused on providing your canine companion with a Biologically Appropriate diet. What do we mean by ‘Biologically Appropriate?’ To put it simply: it’s the nutritional philosophy that dogs should be nourished the way nature intended. Just like their ancestors, dogs demand a meat-based diet–which is why we pack our foods with fresh, varied meats in ratios that mirror whole prey. The result: a powerhouse of nutritional goodness that gives dogs everything they need to thrive naturally.
Fresh Regional Ingredients
When we say ‘fresh’, we mean it. ORIJEN dry food is made exclusively in our DogStar Kitchen, which sit at the heart of a dynamic agricultural community in Kentucky. Our proximity to fertile farmlands, rolling grasslands, and Appalachian ranches gives us access to quality meats and produce. These ingredients are responsibly farmed, ranched, or fished by people we know and trust, and delivered to our kitchens at peak freshness–typically within 48 hours of harvesting.
Never Outsourced We’re as passionate about making food as we are about our pets, and wholly committed to the safety of dogs, cats, and the people who love them. That’s why we prepare ORIJEN ourselves, in our own state-of-the-art kitchens, and why we don’t make foods for other companies. By refusing to outsource, ORIJEN can ensure that our stringent food safety practices are upheld at each step of the process–from ingredient sourcing all the way through shipping. It’s all part of our vision to be Trusted by Pet Lovers Everywhere.
Five Principles That Set ORIJEN Apart
- Unmatched Fresh Meat Inclusions: Approx. 2/3 of the animal ingredients in ORIJEN foods are fresh or raw, providing nutrients in their most nourishing form.
- Rich in Meat Protein: Helps fulfill your dog’s need for a meat-packed, protein-rich diet.
- Ingredient Variety: Loaded with a nourishing diversity of animal proteins and fats that naturally support peak health.
- WholePrey Ratios: Incorporate a balance of meat, organs, and cartilage or bone in ratios that mirror whole prey.
- Fresh Fruits & Veggies: Features healthy fruit and vegetables delivered fresh and whole from Kentucky farms and orchards.
With 38% richly nourishing protein, and a limited 19% low-glycemic carbohydrates, ORIJEN Senior Dog Food nourishes all senior dogs according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
Unmatched by any other senior dog food, 2/3 of meats are FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
1/3 of poultry and fish are prepared at 90°C from fresh chicken, turkey and fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your senior dog needs.
Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavour and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN Senior Dog Food deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
IS YOUR DOG’S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™?
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How Much?
- 85% meat inclusions.
- ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions.
- All from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How Fresh?
- 2/3 Fresh or Raw, 1/3 Dehydrated or Dried.
- 2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
- 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- How Many?
- 5 different animals in WholePrey™ ratios.
- A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
ONLY 1 SUPPLEMENTS — ZINC
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so dogs and wolves derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in Orijen senior dry dog foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive.